5.19.2006

Girl's Weekend!


This weekend, my family is splitting up into two very distinct groups: girls and boys. The boys (My hubby, dad, brother-in-law, and 2 nephews) are going fishing over in Eastern Washigton. The girls (myself, mom, sister, and niece) are staying at a new hotel in downtown Bellevue for some good food, shopping, and relaxing. I was thinking about it this morning, and I feel so blessed to be part of a family where 3 generations of girls can just hang out together and really enjoy each other's company. These 3 girls are the most important women in my life. We love and support each other through the good stuff and the not-so-good-stuff, and I treasure these relationships. I am really looking forward to spending some time with my girls. Also, I'm looking forward to staying in a nice hotel, having my room cleaned for me, being steps away from great food and shopping and doing some serious relaxing. I wish I could just go now, but we all have to go to work/school first. Hooray for God for 3 great girls who love and support me and for the opportunity to do the same for them! Anybody else doing anything fun this weekend?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hope you had a fun weekend!

Paula said...

It was lovely-- we had a great time! Although, I'm pretty sure I did enough shopping to last me for the next 6 months. At least. :)