9.28.2006

I'm Alive, I Promise!

Hi, friends! Guess what the hubby and I are doing this weekend? Moving into our new house! We are homeowners! Hooray!!! I am really excited to get moved in and settled. This will be my 7th move in 5 years, so it will be nice to be able to stay in one place for awhile. I bet you want to see some pictures of our house, don't you? OK, you can:

Here is a picture of the outside of our house:


And here is another one:


Isn't it just about the cutest little house you ever saw?

Here is a picture of the washer and dryer that the sellers took with them which they were NOT supposed to take. They didn't do it on purpose, and our most awesome real estate agent in the whole world bought us a set to replace the ones they took.


Here is a picture of my kitchen. This is the room I am most excited about in the whole house. I know it just looks like a normal kitchen, but let me take just a moment to explain to you the kind of kitchen I have had for the last year. The fridge is old and has no working light inside. I have a grand total of 2 cabinets in the entire kitchen, one of which is under the sink and clearly must house the trash can. My counter space is equal to approximately 2 square inches. The stove is one of those tiny apartment stoves that you can't even cook a pizza in without it touching the sides and getting all burnt. And the dishwasher? Non-existent. And let me tell ya, 2 people make a lot more dirty dishes than one people. A lot! Anyway, I LOVE my new kitchen! I was unpacking things the other night and trying to decide which of my many, many cabinets to put things in. It was awesome!


Hooray for God for our new home! And guess what else? Hooray for God for our first anniversary! It was this past Sunday, and we celebrated by spending Saturday night at the Mayflower Park Hotel in downtown Seattle. We went to the market, had lunch at Lowell's, ordered a movie in our room, slept in and had room service for breakfast... it was awesome! Well, except for the bus ride there and back, but that is another story for another day. I'm off to do some more packing!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That is a sweet little home. Here in Texas we have a zillion cookie cutter brick homes and they all look alike and they're all very boring. I miss the Northwest because of the pretty older houses!

James T Wood said...

Dude, I wish I had a tiny, cute house! You rock for getting started on the grown-up stuff. I'm back to living in the dorms and going to college - I guess I just couldn't get away from it . . . *sigh*.

Also, glad you are still alive, that rocks as well.

Priscilla said...

Way to go!!! Congratulations on your most beautiful little house! It is adoreable! I am so happy for you that you own a house!

Kristi said...

Yeah! Congratulations! It is very cute, we will have to come to visit soon

Kristi said...

Also way to go one one year!