4.18.2006

Birthday Fun

So, yesterday was my birthday. I am a big fan of birthdays. I think it's fun that everybody gets their own special holiday and we celebrate how awesome we think they are. This birthday was a special one for me... it was my very first married birthday. It was so great to wake up next to my husband in bed and hear him say "Happy Birthday, Wife!" We both took the day off of work and spent it together hanging out in our awesome city. We had pancakes for breakfast at Luna Park Cafe (our favorite breakfast spot), took a lovely drive along Lake Washington Blvd. (all the cherry trees are blooming), Went to the Experience Music Project (my sister bought us a membership as a wedding gift), went to Elliot Bay Books (sign in the children's department said "attention: all children left unattended will be given a free espresso and a puppy."), Went to Pike Place Market (bought some beautiful tulips), did some shopping around Westlake (nothing exciting to say about shopping), Watched a Movie (Ice Age 2- pretty funny. Eric said he'd like to see a live action movie where Ray Romano and Queen Latifah had a romantic interest in each other) and went to dinner at the Icon Grill (great dinner, and the most AMAZING ice cream sundae I have EVER experienced). So, it was a great, great day. Oh, and my birthday present? My hubby recorded the song he wrote for me and put it on our ipod so that I can listen to it whenever I want (which will be daily, I assure you.) It was a great day, and I am excited to see what the rest of this year has in store. Hooray for God for letting me turn 27!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hooray for you for forgiving your friend who forgot to call you!

I was talking about you and your birthday at about 10:15am and then I got distracted. SORRY!

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you are alive! Sounds like you had a great day. I'm glad you were able to spend it with Eric.

James T Wood said...

Birthdays=good. I vote we should keep them.

Paula said...

Don't worry, friend. I even said to Eric at dinner, "I think Rebecca forgot... I hope she doesn't feel bad. I hate when people feel bad about missing a birthday... everyone gets busy and forgets sometimes" and then I got home and had an email from you, but it was just about work stuff, and we both laughed really hard about it and decided that we should probably give you a hard time. You can make it up to me by hanging out with us when we come down there in a couple of weeks! :) Love you, friend!

Rebecca said...

I have a birthday present for you if that makes any difference. I even bought it last week (like ahead of time).

The fashion concience you should be listening to said...

Hey Paula! Happy Birthday friend. Remember when we'd have our 24 hour extravaganza birthdays? Those were the good ol' Club 205 days. Sounds like you and the hubby had fun. Glad you got to celebrate in such a wonderful way.

rebecca marie said...

here... i made this picture song for you...

Paula said...

Charlotta- Hope you had a lovely birthday, too! Those old 205 days were the most fun.

Jeanne- I am excited to see you next weekend!

RM- That. Was. Amazing. Do your talents have no end?

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday :)

Sorry if I'm a few days late. Sounds like you had an awesome day! My favorite kind of birthday :)

rebecca marie said...

they are boundless.

breanna said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh happy happy birthday (a little late, alright alright) may alllll your dreams come truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue happy happy birthday from all of......me?.....to you...HEY! sorry i'm a yucky jerk who, despite having written it in BOLD letters in my planner, neglected to celebrate day of....i'm ever so sorry! i love you just the same! also, WELL DONE HUSBAND! wowzer. i'm impressed. and incredibly happy for you!