4.25.2005

Reason #5

Well, Jeanne came to visit me over the weekend. I was hoping she'd just stay, but it didn't work out. Curtis and I showed her a good Seattley time, even, and she didn't stay. However, we did present her with several more reasons for relocation. I am at work, though, so I will only be posting one of them now:

Jeanne loves beautiful things. Over the weekend, she got to see Mt. Rainier in all her glory, stunning views of the Seattle Skyline, and the beautiful baglady outside the B&O. Not to mention her new boyfriend at the Dilettante cafe. Also, her first glimpse of the Starbucks SODO building and a stunningly beautiful ferry on Elliot Bay. Now, I'm not saying that Portland is doesn't have it's share of beautiful things. Lord knows I love that city. All I'm suggesting is that perhaps it's time for a change of scenery.

Who could pass up the opportunity to gaze at these marvels every day? Apparently, Jeanne thinks she can, but she is sadly mistaken. So, reason #5 that Jeanne should herself become Seattley is that there is just so much breathtaking beauty to behold, and she should be a part of it.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

i got a message from Jeanne and she said that she is a little disappointed that there haven't been any new reasons lately. You are going to lose her if you don't tell her why she should relocate.

rebecca marie said...

word. especially since the last reason was not even *I* could argue with, as even *I* think Seattle is sorta okay to look at.

rebecca marie said...

oh, and i've forgotten how to arrange words in such a way that they can be understood. go me.

Tim said...

The problem with Seattle is that it's closer to Canada. The closer you are to Canada, the more you start mispronouncing words and end your sentences with benign inflection and utterances of "eh".

Would you like that in a beg, hoser? Take off, eh?