2.09.2006

At last!


Friends, it has been a very long time since I owned a computer. I had a laptop in college, which served me well. Sadly, as things go with technology, it was outdated by the time I graduated. So, I have been without a personal computer since April of 2001. I've managed to get by using computers at work during breaks, but now that I'm trying to manage a household of 2 instead of just 1, (hooray for being married!) it's getting more and more difficult to stay organized. Eric and I have been computer shopping since we got married. We had planned to buy one with all of the dollars we were given for wedding gifts, but other things came up that we had to spend our money on. So, we've been casually looking and trying to figure out how to come up with some more dollars.

Most of you know that Eric started a new job a few months ago, and they gave him a work truck, so his car was just sitting around not being driven. A couple of weeks ago, we started getting parking tickets because you can't leave your car in one place for more than 72 hours in Seattle. Lame. So, we decided to sell the car, because we just weren't driving it enough to justify the costs of keeping it around.

The next day, we went to the Apple store. (no comments from any of you apple haters out there, please). We were able to purchase a new imac (that's his picture there at the top of this post) and ipod for the amount we sold the car for. So, now all we have to do is figure out what kind of internet connection we should get, and then, at long last, we will have joined the 21st century! Hooray! Now I can blog from the comfort of my living room, and I'll be able to get the promised wedding pics posted, not to mention getting all of our bills and junk organized at home!

4 comments:

James T Wood said...

Sweet! Now you can work on your computer hacking skills.

Rebecca said...

Yay for your own personal computer. Do you have an extra car that you could sell and buy ME a computer? That would be really nice of you. :)

Paula said...

James- Sadly, I have no computer hacking skills whatsoever. I think I'll just have to stick to building cakes.

Jeanne-- Well, um, let's see... no. Sorry. We do need to have one car... my work did not give me a work truck. But, when we win $25K from the survey I just filled out for H&R block, I bet we could send a few dollars your way! :)

Tim said...

I've got a Mac G5 sitting right here next to me. It's a shame I don't have Microsoft Office though, because then I might use it instead of this old slow one.